Amanda's Big Dream (Paperback)
Amanda's Big Dream is the inspiring adventure of a girl who dreams of a solo in the Spring Ice Skating Show.
When Amanda's skating coach makes a comment about her weight, she loses confidence in her ability to make her dream come true. Despite reassurances from her parents, her doctor, and her best friend, Amanda decides to quit skating.
Will Amanda return to the ice? Or has she given up forever?
Come along with Amanda as she realizes the true secret to following her big dream
A healthy body image is essential for kids to feel confident and strong
Parents want their children to have a healthy body image, but may be unsure how to respond to their kids' anxiety about weight. Amanda's Big Dream helps parents, teachers and other caregivers discuss this topic with children in an entertaining and positive way.
You won't want to miss this new resource
Amanda's Big Dream is for:
- Children ages 5 and up who enjoy a fun, friendly story with an inspirational main character.
- Pre-teens and teens dealing with body image issues/body dissatisfaction.
- Adults who struggled with body image as a child and want to read a story that's healing.
- Parents looking for a fun and positive way to help children develop a healthy body image.
- Therapists, dietitians, pediatricians & other health professionals seeking a helpful resource for their clients/patients.
- Teachers who need books with a positive, thought-provoking message for their classroom.
- Athletic Coaches who work with children and teens.
About the Author
Author Judith Matz, LCSW Judith Matz is a clinical social worker dedicated to helping people make peace with food, their bodies, and themselves. Judith has 30 years of experience helping people end their struggles with eating and weight issues.Judith Matz is the co-author of two acclaimed books for adults: Beyond a Shadow of a Diet: The Comprehensive Guide to Treating Binge Eating Disorder, Compulsive Eating, and Emotional Overeating (Routledge, 2014) and The Diet Survivors Handbook: 60 Lessons in Eating, Acceptance and Self-Care (Sourcebooks, 2006).Judith Matz is a popular speaker at conferences and meetings. Her work has appeared in Good Housekeeping, Self, Shape, Today's Dietitian, Diabetes Self-Management, Psychotherapy Networker, and NBC News Chicago with Nesita Kwan, Huffington Post Live, as well as the documentary "America The Beautiful 2".Illustrator Elizabeth PatchIllustrator, blogger and body image advocate Elizabeth Patch has a BA in Drawing, an MA in Painting, and post-graduate studies in Digital Media.During her career as a high school art teacher, Elizabeth Patch overheard countless girls of all sizes talk about hating their bodies. She saw girls limit their dreams, ignore their talents and minimize their accomplishments by focusing on body size and weight. Elizabeth Patch is committed to creating positive, fun illustrations that reflect a diversity of body types!